Find the daily income and APR of active validators on Beacon Chain.
beacon.validator.incometable provides a daily snapshot of consensus & execution layer income (MEV rewards) of active validators.
Effectively, validator balances on Beacon Chain can only change due to the following events:
- rewards (attestation, block proposing)
- penalties (attester slashing, proposer slashing)
- deposits (from ETH1 - aka execution layer)
- withdrawals (to ETH1, if withdrawal address is specified)
Thus, the consensus layer income from rewards and penalties accrued at the end of the day can be derived from the following calculation
consensus_income = current_balance - previous_balance - current_deposits - current_withdrawals
current_refers to deposits, withdrawals made at the same day of the balance snapshot and
previous_is the last balance snapshot.
Note: Income can be negative in the event where the validator is slashed. Exiting validators are not included in the calculation.
Execution Layer Income of the validator is dependent on whether there is proposer-builder separation (PBS).
- PBS Blocks: These are blocks where by the builder sends a MEV payout to the Proposer Fee Recipient (block proposer), which typically happens in the last transaction of a block.
- Non-PBS Blocks: For blocks that do not have build -> proposer MEV payout, the execution layer income will be the total builder priority fee reward from transactions + the total direct ETH transferred to block builders.
- the proposer fee recipient (MEV Reward) on Execution Layer is same entity as the Validator that is proposing the block on Consensus Layer.
i.e. in the following example, Validator = 711548 proposed this block and would be the recipient of MEV Rewards. Note that the withdrawal address of the validator can be different from proposer fee recipient.
Finding daily income of active validators by ETH1
withdrawal_addressspecified in withdrawal credentials.
date(slot_timestamp) as date,
count(distinct validator_index) as validators, -- active validators
sum(total_income) as total_income -- daily total income
where withdrawal_address = '0x210b3cb99fa1de0a64085fa80e18c22fe4722a1b' -- Kraken Withdrawal
group by 1
order by 1 desc
Output of the sample query above - validators active, daily ETH income, median APR 7 day rolling window
Retrieve the daily income and apr of validator by
slot_timestamp, validator_index, total_income, consensus_income, execution_income
where validator_index = 10